Adventist Community Services Disaster Response serves victims of disaster without regard to religion or creed, race, age, or sex. ACSDR is able to serve effectively by utilizing a nationwide network of Adventist Community Services centers, more that 50 of which are located in Michigan.
Michigan ACSDR provides several services to disaster victims and their communities.
- Chain Saw Response Team can help after major wind storms by helping cut up downed trees and remove debris.
- Mobile Kitchen Team can provide meals to victims or to disaster response personnel.
- VHF and Emergency Ham Radio Communications are supplied for the Michigan ACSDR team by a Communications Team.
- Donated goods management and distribution. In Michigan, this service is proved by a team trained in warehouse management, and in the reception of goods from the public and distribution of goods to the survivors of a disaster. Mobile distribution of goods is also available in Michigan.
- Donations: If you are able to give a monetary donation to help with Disaster Response deployments-please send it to Michigan Conference of SDA- 5801 W Michigan Ave. Lansing, MI 48917- mark it for Disaster Response. Thank you in advance!